This article will provide an information and guide for you to resize virtual data center resources you have purchased earlier. Resize means you may upgrade or downgrade the resources.
Why you should resize the resources?
Virtual Data Center is all about flexibility, which means, it allow you to adjust your resources as you need.
For example, as start, your might not know if your servers are using that much resources, so you can always start by minimum resources. By the time your business grow, your servers will need more resources to handle the growth business. You can upgrade resources to how much your servers need.
Otherwise, you can always downgrade resources if you see and monitor your server does not use that much resources.
Before resize the service, you must ensure:
- You have subscribe to Zettagrid service
- When you are about to downgrade resource, you must downgrade resource on each VM. For example, VDC has 8 GB RAM and have 4 VMs with each 2 GB RAM. You are about to downgrade VDC into 6 GB RAM. You must change which VMs you want to downgrade, then resize that VM into new configuration GB RAM so if you calculate those 4 VMs must no more than 6 GB RAM.
1. Go to MyAccount portal and login.
2. Find your Virtual Data Center service number, click on it.
3. You will see this page and hit Manage button.
4. Select Resize.
5. Select which Attribute you want to resize and hit Checkout.
6. System will process your new changes order.
7. Ensure new configuration is valid and proceed to order by hit Update Now.
8. System will provision your new resources configuration. You must wait about 5-10 minutes to let system complete process.
9. Once it provisioned, you may check if new resources is ready to use.
Upgrading VDC resources does not similar to upgrading VM. Once VDC has been upgraded to new resources, then you must go to each VM setting to upgrade their resource to new one.