vCloud Director is technical management platform for client to deploy and manage service and infrastructure resources including Virtual Data Center, Backup and Replication within single portal. When you purchase your first Virtual Data Center (VDC) we also create an organization for you. An organization is the top level management structure which allows you to run one or more VDC. This whole management can be managed from vCloud Director.
Before using this guide, you must ensure:
- You have subscribe Virtual Data Center service
You can create virtual machines through the vCloud Director portal, or what we often call the technical/management portal. You can find access to this portal in the service you ordered. Please follow these steps to find it and access it.
- Once logged in to the MyAccount portal, direct to the My Services
- You will see that your DC_XXXXX is listed and ready.
- Click on your DC_XXXXX. You will see the information in the Virtual Data Center. This includes the amount of CPU, RAM, Storage, Network, IP, and Firewall type. There is a button to configure the service.
- We will enable access to the vCloud Director portal now.
- To set and reset a password, click the lock icon, or click Manage and select Reset Cloud Director password to do this.
- Enter a new password for the vCloud Director portal. Please save with a strong password. Click Set Password and you may need to enter your Customer ID and Password to validate and confirm.
- Once set, return to the Overview tab. Click the Manage button and select Login to Cloud Director.
- This will redirect you to the vCloud director portal. Enter the username and password you set in the previous step, then sign in.