By default, you cannot add CPU & Memory resources to a virtual machine when the virtual machine is powered on. The CPU & Memory hot add option lets you add CPU & Memory resources to a running virtual machine.
If you are using VM from Public Template, then you may skip this guide since Hot Add feature has been enabled to all public templates.
- Login to Cloud Director
- Hot Add feature must be enabled to each VM
1. Find your VM you want to enable Hot Add. Click on Details.
2. On left pane, find Compute. Breakdown CPU section and click Edit. Do the same for Memory.
3. You will see option to edit number of CPU/RAM. You can leave it as it is but enable option to Memory Hot Add
4. Once it down you will see status has been changed into Enabled.