Security in accessing the server is very important, so sometimes we create access passwords using complex character combinations. This is great, but what if the user doesn't remember or doesn't save the previously used password.
VDC has feature to change or reset the password on the VM.
In this article, we will discuss this method with a Windows Server Virtual Machine OS example
- Login to Cloud Director
1. Select the virtual machine menu, then click on the details on the VM where the password will be reset
Note : VM must be off
2. Click Guest OS Customization and click edit
3. Windows pop up will appear and in the Specify password section, fill in the password that you will use on the VM and save
4. Turn on the VM using power on Force Recostumization
5. Finish open console and login using the password that was created earlier